Pages

November 10, 2012

Welcome to my weekends

I'm pretty sure I slept for like two hours last night.

Here's how my day went yesterday: Wake up absurdly early, after not enough sleep, for no reason. Surf the Internet and watch The Hills to occupy myself. Wait for friend at bus station and run away from creepy Pakistani man. Laugh at friend for breaking a bottle of vodka. Take bus to Dubai and fail to sleep. Argue with multiple idiotic taxi drivers who refuse to drive us to our destination and don't know where anything is in Dubai. (Dubai taxis are the absolute worst.) Arrive at McDonalds where we stumble upon some of our friends. Go to wrong dock, then right dock to get on yacht. Hang out on a boat for a few hours. Try to convince friend to text my exboyfriend and wish him a happy anniversary from me. (One year ago we had our first date. I spent the day after it jumping on the couch and exclaiming to my friend about how happy I was.) Watch sunset over the ocean. Take taxi to middle of nowhere petrol station because that taxi driver is yet another idiot. (He was nice, but still an idiot.) Wait for acquaintance to pick us up from middle of nowhere petrol station. Laugh at friend for her drunken beat boxing. Get text message from exboyfriend (who has followed orders and avoided me over a month now) because he wanted to commemorate our anniversary too. Wax nostalgic about ex with friend because she's drunk and missing him, who would never have let us end up stranded at a random petrol station. Take another taxi with an asshole Pakistani guy who overcharges us and kicks us out of the taxi at a random roundabout. Which is ok because our acquaintance was waiting for us there, to save us from our wanderings and take us into the desert. Get drunk with strangers and predict drunk friend's wandering to another dune. Laugh when acquaintance finds wandering drunk friend at the next dune. Make a new friend and crash in his tent because I sure as hell didn't come with a tent.

My new friend wants to marry me. But I told my drunk friend that I want to marry my ex, and I feel that multiple marriages could get complicated.

Did you keep all the people straight? I hate not being able to name the characters, but let's just call them all Mohammed.

Sleep deprivation makes me a little nonsensical, apologies.

9 comments:

  1. You life is so much more exciting than mine.

    And no, I couldn't keep them all straight. (If I'm being honest, there was an element of tl:dr there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really entertaining and fun to read, and you're life is much more exciting. Are you sure you guys didn't act out The Hills episode you watched...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no. But I did go out for drinks with a friend yesterday and realized that I was sort of talking like The Hills characters. Like all overly dramatic and with the same odd valley-girl pauses. Good times.

      Delete
  3. That's so funny and WEIRD! Did all this really happen to you!? You make it sound like it's an every day occurrence for you, but yeah I found it challenging to follow the different characters haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it happened, haha. My weekdays are hardly this exciting, but my weekends to have a lot of ridiculous and odd adventures.

      Delete
  4. I think that I kept track of it all. What else would one do on weekends when there's no work?

    I hope that the sand dunes don't eat you all up! You are brave, brave people for wandering around the desert in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious! Sounds like an amazing and adventurous weekend. Abu Dhabi sounds crazy too, wandering out into the desert and all. Now get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thiiiink I kept everyone straight in my head. As a side note, I am a little concerned about what seems to be unresolved business with your ex (I say that in the nicest way possible, as I am the queen of unresolved business). But now I want to go frolic amongst sand dunes :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, many people are concerned about the seeming unresolved business... but I think it's mostly just in my head and normal getting over someone business. Hopefully.

      Delete